Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I Need to be Patient

The Baden grew. He grew and he grew and he grew. He grew until he was almost three years old, and he ran all around the house and terrorized all who lived there. He pulled all of the toys off the shelf at Target. He grabbed all the candy at the checkout stand and he tested his mother's nerves by crying and whining and refusing to take naps. Everyday the mother would say, "This kid is driving me CRAZY."
But at night time, when that almost three-year-old was finally quiet, she opened the door to his room, walked across the floor, looked upon his motionless face; and if he was really asleep she kissed him on the cheek. And while she looked at him she thought:
I need to be patient,
I must endure this well,
For all too quickly my
Baden will be grown.

No comments: