Some things I have learned today:
- When in doubt, up the Zofran.
- A slow morphine drip manages Clara's pain much better, but she doesn't sleep at all.
- If Clara asks for a salad, get it to her STAT! Same goes for pizza. But keep the pink bucket close by :)
- Take it a day at a time. Thinking about the next year makes me nauseous, so it's better not to.
- There is no monotony in this adventure.
Round one (five days) of chemo finished today. Hip hip hooray! To celebrate the kids and Brian back home went on a bike ride. When Clara asked what they were doing I lied and told her they were cleaning. Bike rides are her most favorite thing in the world. If you look closely you will see 2 things that would be different if I were there. Chandler wouldn't have a sucker in his mouth, on his bike! And Brian wouldn't be pulling both the trailer bike and the trailer. I think they will need to bring the bikes up one of these weekends so we can take Clara for a spin.
Thank you friends for your support, prayers, love and generosity. xoxoNatasha