Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Round 1 chemo: done!

I'll have you know, I'm the only crazy lady on the floor who takes pictures of their child in the wagon, in the toy car, walking or playing. I'm still a rookie (I'm sure that's what everyone here is thinking), so maybe it'll wear off when we've spent some more time here. Until then, I'm capturing everything I can! And this picture is too sweet. Standing alone, propped up against the window since she doesn't quite have all her strength, with the IV tubing off to the side. 


Some things I have learned today:
  1. When in doubt, up the Zofran.
  2. A slow morphine drip manages Clara's pain much better, but she doesn't sleep at all.
  3. If Clara asks for a salad, get it to her STAT! Same goes for pizza. But keep the pink bucket close by :)
  4. Take it a day at a time. Thinking about the next year makes me nauseous, so it's better not to.
  5. There is no monotony in this adventure. 
Round one (five days) of chemo finished today. Hip hip hooray! To celebrate the kids and Brian back home went on a bike ride. When Clara asked what they were doing I lied and told her they were cleaning. Bike rides are her most favorite thing in the world. If you look closely you will see 2 things that would be different if I were there. Chandler wouldn't have a sucker in his mouth, on his bike! And Brian wouldn't be pulling both the trailer bike and the trailer. I think they will need to bring the bikes up one of these weekends so we can take Clara for a spin. 


Thank you friends for your support, prayers, love and generosity. xoxoNatasha

16 comments:

tharker said...

Take as many pictures as you want to!! And seriously, this one has to be one of my favorites. That sweet nightgown combined with her leaning against the glass is just priceless.

I love all of the funny things you pointed out about the family bike ride...so funny!

Whitney said...

Natasha, our family's been following Clara since we heard the news...love all the photos and seeing your kids all together. And tell Brian I had to laugh through my tears watching the video of Clara (a few days ago) hearing his voice in the background. It brought back some funny memories of PHS Homecoming and years of shenanigans...what a great guy. Our prayers are with you all.

Phil and Holly said...

I love the double trailers.. Awesome Brian. Also, the shirts are great. Teach me how to Jimmer... I agree with tharker, pictures are invaluable, take all you can. We love you guys and are thinking and praying for you all.
-Phil

Brenda said...

I say be the crazy woman and take pictures and videos of everything. Sometimes more is better - right? (Plus we all love to see them!) I LOVE that picture of Clara BTW! - simple, yet it tells so much...XOXO

Kathryn kelly johnston said...

She is so sweet, and so cute. The pics are so touching, thanks for sharing!

Rachel said...

I know that you don't know me. I saw your blog on my friends facebook page (Jessica Casper). Your faith is inspirational. I am amazed that you and Clara are both so strong. I hope you don't mind that I continue to follow and I will definitely be praying for your sweet daughter. Thanks- Rachel Robinson

dixie said...

So glad that you can check off "round one--DONE". One thing down. We continue to pray for you all every day. Blessings on your whole family!

Unknown said...

She looks like she has little angel wings in that photo. So sweet! Found you through Danyelle. Praying for your little angel!

Jenna said...

Mom and I were talking a couple days ago about the list of things we're praying for... for Clara's body to respond well to the treatment, for her to be happy and comfortable, for you and Brian to be comforted, for your kids to be at peace, for things to go quicker than what the doctors have said... etc. I'm going to start praying that time will go by fast for you guys. It is a long road, but you're right, one day at a time is the best way to see it.

I was reading Mormon 9 last night and if you remember to, you should look at it. Heavenly Father is a God of miracles, and he is going to perform miracles for your sweet family.

"Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth." (Mormon 9:21)

luvdolls said...

I love love love your pictures. Please post many more. I am always wanting to know how she is. I agree with you, the boys need to bring the bikes up to Clara for her to ride!

Another Whitemarsh Family Blog said...

More thoughts, love and prayers for your sweet family.

Unknown said...

Stay strong! Many prayers on your behalf. Clara is being watched over by angels.

celestial* said...

What a milestone! Keep believing!

Tyler and Brittney Mills said...

I love all the pictures!! I smile and cry at the same time when I read your blog. I then have to go and get my baby and just hold him. Your family is so strong, it's so inspiring! Just want you guys to know we love you and are praying for your little Clara! Give her kisses from cousin Brittney!

Kris said...

I love the posts that you are doing. This is a huge accomplishment to be done with Round 1 of Chemo. A great reason to celebrate. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers still! Thinking of you always!

Bianca Noah said...

Natasha, you and your family are amazing. What a sweet little girl you have! You are in our prayers daily.