Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Always Watching

I frequently question Chandler about the friends he plays with at school: do they use good language? are they kind and respectful? etc... you know the drill.

Yesterday, he accompanied me to his parent/teacher conference. The radio was on faintly in the background as we drove to the school. One of the men used an expression, violating the 3rd Commandment. I heard it, but ignored it. At that point I should have turned it off, but I didn't. About 30 seconds later, from the backseat, Chandler said, "Mom, I don't think you should be listening to this station." I knew why, but I asked anyway, "Why?" And he made me proud and ashamed at the same time when he said, "Because that man took the Lord's name in vain." At that point, I turned off the radio like I should have done in the first place.

Always watching.

No comments: