Monday, March 9, 2009

How the day went down.

  • Got out of bed at 8 am (daylight savings fault)
  • Serenaded Brian “happy birthday” (32!)
  • Sent Chandler to school without combing his hair
  • Searched and found a bench (for a deal) to replace buckets in suburban
  • Googled “how to cut your own hair”
  • Took a Pepcid
  • Told Baden his drawing of bears was really cool
  • Reminded Carson 1.2 million times to put his shoes on
  • Ate lunch and ice cream cake
  • Cut (not trimmed) my own hair impulsively
  • Sent the birthday boy to catch a plane (sorry your birthday dinner was going through the drive-thru of Wendy’s for chicken sandwich)
  • Picked up children from school
  • Watched it hail
  • Waited for both boys’ soccer practices to be canceled
  • Recruited some help for Relief Society Birthday Dinner
  • Made appointment to get hair fixed
  • Fixed dinner consisting of waffles and strawberries, and maybe we didn’t eat till 7:30 pm (hey the light was throwing me off)
  • Watched it snow
  • Put Kate to bed
  • Put boys to bed
  • Issued threats to boys not going to bed
  • Enjoyed the peace & quiet

It would appear I didn't accomplish much. You got to have a day like that every once in awhile. Right?

Now, I’m going to bed with Pepcid within arms reach.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I wish it was only every once in a while ;)

Hughes Family said...

I almost cut my own hair the other day. I just did not have the guts to do it. Making the appointment, finding a place for the kids, just seems like such a hassle. If it makes you feel better we have 4in of new snow on our already 2ft. My poor kids forgot what it is like to play outside. Where is Spring? Take care.

Katie @ Creatively Living said...

Hey Tash,
Dayna just had another boy. Came so fast Brian had to deliver him! So now you both have to try for another to get the same kids again :) haha.
Ya, I've cut my own hair too many times. I think I've learned my lesson, but knowing myself, and especially since we're almost in the "poor college kids" stage of life again, I'm bound to do it again!
Dayna always says.."before I had kids, I saw my stay-at-home-mom friends and wondered what they possibly did all day. Now that I'm just that, I look around at my house by the end of the day and wonder what did I do all day?" I thought that was pretty accurate :)

Katie @ Creatively Living said...

Hey Tash,
Dayna just had another boy. Came so fast Brian had to deliver him! So now you both have to try for another to get the same kids again :) haha.
Ya, I've cut my own hair too many times. I think I've learned my lesson, but knowing myself, and especially since we're almost in the "poor college kids" stage of life again, I'm bound to do it again!
Dayna always says.."before I had kids, I saw my stay-at-home-mom friends and wondered what they possibly did all day. Now that I'm just that, I look around at my house by the end of the day and wonder what did I do all day?" I thought that was pretty accurate :)